Why Cleanse: Cathy


This is Cathy.   Please read about her amazing cleanse journey.



My friends look at me like I’m crazy when they see me toting around yet another jar of “green juice” (my favorite is the green lemonade with kale and ginger).  Simultaneously, they tell me I haven’t looked better in years.  Yes, they can see that I have lost twenty-five pounds and that the rashes on my body have all but disappeared.  They can see that my disposition is positive and that I have more energy than I ever dreamed possible.  What most people don’t know about me, though, is why cleansing wasn’t just a matter of losing weight and being good to myself for three days.  It was a choice about improving the quality of my life so that I could return to good health, something that had become illusive.

I was diagnosed with lupus when I was forty (I am now 53), and I was so sick, I could barely get out of bed.  Finally, when my blood tests showed that my disease process was advancing, I was hospitalized for infusions that left me swollen and uncomfortable, raised my blood sugars and cholesterol, and left me with high blood pressure.  I also took multiple drugs that suppressed my immune system.  I felt sick all the time.  Two and a half years ago I started cleansing and I haven’t looked back.  Many of my blood levels, especially my inflammatory markers which have been taken every month since the year 2000, are better than they have ever been.  I feel calmer, more in control, and centered.  I attribute this to the combination of doing yoga on a regular basis and cleansing my body, feeding it only pure, organic juice from Organic Tree.  Given the choice to be pro-active about my health or react to the negative consequences of a disease for which there is no cure, I have chosen to fight back with a juice cleanse every quarter.  Fitting into my “skinny jeans” is surely a great benefit, but not my motivating factor.  Good health is something I do not take for granted.  I want to thank Diana for leading me on this journey and to Brian for making Organic Tree Juice Bar a part of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment