Notes from our Sunday Conference with Diana
April 28, 2013
Guruji always asked, “Why Hurry?”
Focus on: train your mind/change your brain, be present; be mindful; make good choices; discipline and traditions and stick with it.
What is the significance of 10,000 hours?
Studies have shown that it takes at least 10,000 hours of practice to become an “expert” at whatever it is you want to achieve (playing the violin, dance, surfing, etc.).
Snake/Dog: Focus and mindful with deep, long inhalations and softening of hip flexors and buttocks. Avoid “duck feet” by pressing the tops of your feet into mat with heels properly aligned; strength in hands and arms; lower shoulders and open heart area.
· Reclining Hero Pose (Supta Virasana): add block;
· Basketball: place in mid-back area;
· Supta Virasana: one knee bent; add block to opposing side;
· Resistance work against wall (shoulder and pectoral areas opener);
· Ushtrasana (camel pose). Fully engage legs; hips forward and roll outer gluts inward
Continue researching poses prior to your practice – Breathe deeply – Be present