Sunday Conference 6.9


Notes for our Sunday Conference with Diana...

June 9, 2013

Let’s review ..

“Celebrate Mistakes!”  - Ben Zander – Road Trip Nation


Chaturanga Dandasana - Drishti is about 6-8” on the floor in front of you

Throughout your “holding” in this position, keep the tailbone firmly level in place, the legs very active and sitbones turned slightly inward.  Bandhas engages - belly strong.

Be mindful of form and prepare for your set-up between 3rd and 4th movements – drishti
Articulate – focus - be present – mind-training -


Good form – refine your stirha/sukha – very light and graceful, like a leopard.

Diana’s Storytelling:  Have you ever had a bad day?  Too much stuff not going your way, lots of hurdles and challenges?  Feeling like you should have stayed in bed? 

Pulled out some dollar bills from my wallet and found some little notes written on them about things that make me happy; simple, little things:  windchimes, the sound of white water, smell of coffee, etc.

It’s the little things that matter; make good choices – enjoy those moments of your “wealth”
“Hey, I don't have all the answers.   In life, to be honest, I failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my Mom & Dad, I love my dogs, I love my house, I love my students, I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.”  (with great aplomb and zeal….)


Diana’s version of Dicky Fox’s quote in the movie, “Jerry Maguire”

Homework:

Be mindful with gracefulness and lightness in your practice - focus
Continue researching poses prior to your practice along with the 2nd series poses.

Make a list of the little things in your life that bring you happiness and true wealth.


Weekly Message:

“The little things in life aren’t so little.”

~ Dan Zadra and Kobi Yamanda ~

Did you miss the latest Sunday Conference?
You can now schedule personal sessions with Diana.
More info here: Svadyaya Sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment