Sunday Conference with Diana...
April 13, 2014
CELEBRATE THE CHANGES …
Review: Challenge yourself; deepen your practice and raising your level of consciousness.
How are you doing on your “One Year Challenge?”
- · Practice every day – whatever our practice consists of (6 days/week or 5 days/week when Moon Day)
- · 2-minute gratitude meditation - think of 3 things you are grateful for …
Review of practice methods from previous conferences:
- · “Holding” vinyasa for a quick moment to be present; articulate
- · Breathe into the “corners” or “edges” of your body; elongation of spine; engage
- · Drishti – specific gazing point
- · Remain in the present moment
Today’s practice will add:
- · Bandhas – engage your “locks” – practice agni sara daily; keeps back healthy and part of our tradition
- · Drishti – There are 9 drishtis called Nava Dristis:
Angustha ma dyai - "to the middle of the thumb” – as in Suryanamaskara
Broomadhya - "to the middle of the eyebrows/brow" - has the gaze set at the "third eye"
Nasagrai - to the tip of the nose, has the eyes fixed on the tip of the nose.
Hastagrai - "the taking of the hand" – as in Trikonasana
Parsva - "the side - involves looking to the left or right side.
Urdhva - "above" or "rising" - eyes pointing upwards, to the sky – as in Utkatasana
Nābi chakra - "to the (magical) navel-circle" – as in Adho Mukha Svanasana
Padhayoragrai - "to the tips of the feet, gazing to the toes.”
Thank you for supporting me in celebrating the changes. ~ Diana