Sunday Conference with Diana…
June 15, 2014
Review of past conferences and “…the thread ~ the mala
1. Guruji’s quote: “practice, practice, practice … all is coming.”
2. Refinement – 3-point practice – hands/feet/bandhas ~ all engaged
3. Strength and grace (sthira bhaga)
4. Tristana – breath, drishti, bandhas . In our daily practice, be mindful to move toward strength, grace and focus
5. The element of water – fluidity (“control” your movement around challenges/hurdles)
Our practice is vinyasa-based. Thread each bead with each breath.
Elements: “fire” – heat; “earth” – grounding; “water” – fluidity (adaptability to change with grace; to move “around” the “rock/the challenge.”
The visual is the “mala,” the thread is the “breath,” and the beads are the asana and vinyasa.
TENACITY – your inner strength
Storytelling: Diana’s papa, Howard. Never giving up; determined; humble with strength …
The “gifts” for you in your practice is to just show up on your mat ~ with consistency, discipline and commitment. Your own practice ~ your own spiritual growth ~ remain present
What “piece” of your practice challenges you? Practice non-attachment ~ be present ~ move past it with fluidity and equality. Keep in mind: “Easy to teach, difficult to practice…”
“Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal.
My strength is in my tenacity.”
~ Louis Pasteur ~